Congrats to my brother for winning The Illinois News Broadcasters Association’s FIRST PLACE Outstanding Television Sports Program!
(I can’t link it from my phone) that my instructor for my food sanitation certification sounded like a Mexican Grover (yes, like Sesame Street)?
Well my instructor for this summers festival certificate is standing like she is about to do the tango and keeps saying the years as individual numbers. 2-0-1-4
Two o one three….two o one four. Next year is two o one five.Edit: she keeps yelling at us “ARE YOU CATCHING ON???”” Edit #2: she keeps making the same joke about Chicago weather being like a woman’s temper. Edit 3: I swear on my life I’m not being racist but this woman seriously sounds like Mr. Chow from the Hangover. Like if I close my eyes, same tone, same everything.
#homeslicechicago pizza, wine, beer, and frozen on DVD. Happy Wednesday.
that Nick and I have opposite work schedules and never see each other. I work afternoons and he works nights so we “see” each other around 1-2 nights a week, and an occasional day off that aligns together.
Other times, I’m really happy that I can sit on my couch, inhale my Lou Malnati’s pizza, drink my wine, catch up on my shows, and not talk to anyone.
Tonight is one of those kind of nights.
My sort-of-normal schedule is having Wednesdays and Thursdays off. Not always the case and working so many hours can leave me very unproductive on the days I do get off. The month of March was a busy one so pretty much any chance to just sit and veg on my couch or in my bed was taken and not much else got done.
This “weekend” was better.
- Nick made me pancakes and served them to me in bed while I got to pick whichever show I wanted to catch up on on the DVR.
- I took some time to catch up on some business emails, farmers market applications, branding, etc.
- We picked up some stuff we needed at Home Depot.
- We took Dagger to the park to work off some energy.
- Registered for my Summer Sanitation Certificate class next week.
- We had a Mario Kart battle.
- Small yoga-stretch out.
- Dinner at Honey Butter Fried Chicken. A new favorite spot.
- Watched Wolf of Wall Street before heading to bed.
- Slept in big time even though I was roused at 8 am by Peoples gas digging through the street directly in front of our apartment.
- Took Dagger to Petco to get a new harness and some treats.
- Got my oil changed and got a quote on new tires.
- Scheduled my massage/shampoo/blowout living social I received for Christmas that is about to expire.
- Long yoga flow practice.
- Gave Dagger a bath. He still hates me for it. The bone I gave him after has helped a little.
- Started attacking the 85 ft tall pile of laundry that has been taking up real estate in the corner of our bedroom.
- Business dinner date with Mama at, not ashamed to say, Honey Butter Fried Chicken. WHATEVER, I LIKE FRIED CHICKEN DAMNIT.
So this might not seem super productive, but it sure felt like a lot compared to the slug lyfe days off of March.
Going to try to head back to bed early tonight (lolsure) as I have a super busy weekend coming up but I’m definitely going to try to keep the momentum going on days off to come.
I kind of love this.
Well hi, I need these.
- Finally 2 days off in a row. I’ve only had 4 days off this month.
- I’m sick. Sore throat and a cough, so these days off are going to be significantly less productive than planned.
- Penny’s BBQ Pork Noodle Soup for lunch. Way more effective than throat lozenges and infintely more delicious.
- Dagger has finally broken Nick down and spent his first night on the bed last night. I’m a dog on the bed person, Nick is so not. But cute faces will always win.
- Blackhawks game last night was super fun. Au Cheval for burgers afterwards made the night near perfect.
- This weather is killing me. I’m trying to stay positive and but this weekends 50*+ forecast better be the REAL spring here to stay.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- I’ve been on a decorating kick. I’m unhappy with our living room as is, but the fund$ aren’t here to do anything about it.
- It’s my Gramma’s 85th birthday today! She’s still in CA with my aunt and cousin, but we are throwing her a party in a couple weeks.
Best date nights = #blackhawks games! #gohawks #atthawks #chicago #onegoal (at United Center)
I get up for 3 seconds….#forgottocallsquatters #daggerdog #stolemyspot